The power of words and my holiday plans
Alright, I know I shouldn't exactly be blogging, not when I have a paper at 9am tomorrow but I really am not tired. This always happenes.
Anyway, since I can't sleep, I thought I would do something about the first entry for this month.
I remember a quote that said: Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me. I beg to differ with this quote. Words are very powerful objects. It can be used for inspiration (like during half-time in a soccer match), to rouse people (like Hitler and the Germans, Martin Luther leading the blacks against racism) or for destroying a person's life. (I might have gotten some of the facts above wrong btw)
As it is, you might think that I am writing all this because of my media writing course exam that I am having. Well, you can't be further from the truth.
I wanted to talk about this because a few things that I have pent up inside me. I'm however, afraid of the consequences. Therefore, I can only moan about how powerful words can be. I don't want to hurt others.
I just hope that some people will stop irritating me. Especially when I never irritate you. That is all I have to say on this.
Ok, maybe I should get things to a lighter note. It's going to be the end of exams in 4 days' time. This 4 days will be crunch time and after that, I'm like free for 3 months. I don't mind if anyone has job lobangs. The ideal is short-term jobs because I already have some commitments like Arts Camp. And not too far, I guess.
I was hoping to set up a stall selling pirated VCSs with Nikki in Ang Mo Kio Central but she has not been too hot on the idea. (Good too because Nikki might just go lunch and invite 2 policemen to come and take a look at our stall.)
Anyway, June got Euro 2008. So I guess June is pretty much filled up.
On the short term, Andrew is going Vietnam on the 10th for 2 weeks. I will need to fit my schedule such that I meet them before they leave. June is going Europe for holiday and Grace is going USA for Work and Travle next week. We have been posponing our outing since my birthday so I guess I have to squeeze that in. However, Fucai will soon be back from Taiwan. Weibo will also be in Singapore until August (Great News!). On and off, Andrew won't be in Singapore because he is going overseas 4 times (Vietnam, China, Taiwan, Redang).
The reason why my schedule for this week is so tight because I am involved in this fun fair thingy for Vesak Day held at Ngee Ann City on the 10th and 11th of May this weekend. Those who can, please go and support! There will be food and games. It's to raise funds for something. I think. Haha!
Anyway, some plans for the holidays is going JB (cut hair, eat, maybe shop), mahjong, soccer (lots of it so that I can slim down) and duno what else. Feel free to give suggestions on my tagboard.
Before I end, I have to thank 2 people. My mood was pretty bad but they managed to cheer me up. Thanks so much.
Ok, I think I have to end here. Kudos.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home