Expecto Patronum!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

A damn happening day

This is one time I really have to blog. This is just too incredible. Even now, I am reeling in the shock of it.

I guess I have to use the inverted pyramid style then.

I have played mahjong so many times but I think even people who have played for years have not seen this before.

It's known as 一炮三响. It means that you threw out the winning tile for all the other 3 players. It's incredible bad luck for that to happen and you are supposed to pay the maximum to all 3 players. For us, in out case, it was $6.40 to each player since we were playing 20, 40 cents.

OK, I shall start from the top. I was playing Mahjong at Andrew's home today. Andrew and Weibo shared one place and the other players were me, Junming and Andrew's mum.

The game started with craziness because Andrew's mum started off with a bang because she 自摸 5 tai.

The next highlight came when I had too 4 tai out on the table and it was 包大牌. I was a bit anxious at first because I had two 西风 and was waiting for it to game. Hoever, as it turned out, Junming had to throw that out to game and he threw it out and so he had to pay for everyone.

The next thing came when Andrew watched TV and did not guard his mum leading her to build up her 一色索子. Since she had 9 tiles of it on the table already, people would 包 if they threw out her winning tile. For some reason or another, Junming was not paying attention and threw out her winning tile.

The highlight was yes to come. Junming threw out 6 circles or 六銅. Andrew and her mum shout game or 胡 at the same time. Then Andrew was like, "Yes! 抢 your 胡!"

Then I suddenly said 胡 also. Then Andrew was like, "Shit!" because he thought I had
抢 his 胡. Only Andrew's mum realised what had happened when she said she had game also. I also realised when she said she gamed. It was really too incredible. I was waiting for 6 circles as I had two of them, Andrew was waiting for 3 and 6 circles to game and Andrew's mum had 5 and 7 circles and was waiting for that one single card to game. It was just too incredible.

Anyway, Andrew's mum pretended that she had never heard of such a rule before and insisted that all of us pay me instead since I was the first person in order to game. Very nice of her.

OK. Now that all the excitement is over, I shall blog about less exciting things.

Like the fact that it was my 3rd game winning streak. Also, today, I used my old style of playing which was to go for the maximum. It was more enjoyable. I think it also depends on the company also. Today, the people I played with was damn nice and I thought it was ok to play this way, wouldn't mind if I lost money also. Today, my tiles were damn good, open up and a lot of tai were waiting for me when I opened my tiles at the start. Flowers kept coming to me also. It was quite incredible actually.

I think I will change my playin styles dependent on the people I play with. When you play, you are supposed to enjoy after all.

Anyway, I cut my hair today also. It looks not bad, the lady is good as usual. I hope other people think the same. Now debating whether to dye my hair though. I wanted to dye at the place today but Andrew told me not to think cause he had dyed before and did not find it good.

Anyway, we went to Jusco shopping centre to walk around and shop. I bought 3 pairs of socks as I was lacking them. Guess that solves my socks problems for a while.

We were not that hungry and were in fact quite full but due to Andrew's insistence, we went to eat lobster platter at Manhatten Fish Market. Never regretted it because it was really good.

Think that I am kind of familiar with JB now so probably next time I cna organise outing to go there. Anyone interested can contact me. Yup.

OK, that's all for today. I need to study soon! Please give me the strength and determination to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home