Expecto Patronum!

Monday, April 28, 2008

Thank you, Weibo!

I know I shouldn't exactly be blogging now but I think this is one time when I really had to do it.

I met Weibo just now because I had run into some difficulties with doing the past year questions for my marketing module, MKT 1003 and wanted him to give me some tuition.

The session took around an hour and I must say it was very fruitful. All my doubts were cleared.

I feel that I really have to thank Weibo. He is truly an amazing person and someone whom I feel inspires those around him.

A few basic information first then: Weibo and I were classmates since Secondary 2. Weibo was from China and thus was a foreign student. At the start, we were just acquaintances but things changed when we found ourselves in the same class again after streaming in Sec 2.

There were 4 of us from the same sec 2 class and the other 2 were Tommy and Andrew. What happened was that the 4 of us did many projects together and we spent most of our time together until our form teacher dubbed us the Gang of 4. I remember it was the meteor garden craze then and our class girls called us the F4 of our class. So funny. Haha. One funny thing is, I do not know if there is a curse or what. But the 4 of us have never taken a photo together before. I hope it ends soon.

Anyyway, since I first knew him and it became more apparent in Sec 3 and onwards, Weibo had always been a very driven, self-motivated person who strives to excel. Andrew once commented this of him and I have to agree after this tuition session with him today, he concentrates on the process, on the learning and not on the result. This is a very good attitude that I think most of us neglect, we care only about the results.

Weibo is a very confident person when it comes to academia and he exhibited it today while coaching me. I must say that any uncertainty I had was gone and his confidence certainly rubbed off on me and cleared all my doubts.

I had originally wanted to treat him but I forgot and he ended up paying for his lunch himself.

I hope that I can get good results for my this module. And all the credit will be given to Weibo. This is for you, old friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home