Expecto Patronum!

Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 1 of my last holidays

Yesterday, I woke up early in the morning at around 7.45 am because the night before, Jeffrey has SMSed me and asked me if I was free to go for a recce with him of Maha Bodhi Primary School.

Jeffrey is the current principal of the PKSSSS (Phor Kark See Saturday/Sunday School) which is a Buddhist school based in 光明山, the biggest temple in Singapore. FYI, Phor Kark See is a translation of 光明山.

I went to the school for Buddhist lessons since I was in primary 5 until Secondary 4, after which I went back to help as a regular volunteer. I sort of stopped a bit in the middle of NS but now and then Jeffrey asks me to come back to help out with events like camps and the yearly Vesak Day Bazaar at Ngee Ann City.

Anyway, Jeffrey is organising a camp for primary school kids next Thursday to Sunday at Maha Bodhi Primary School, hence the reason for the recce. So I went to meet him at the temple at 9am and we took a cab to the school to have a look-see.

Maha Bodhi Primary School just got renovated and the design is quite nice, they have a hall and a sports hall not to mention an indoor basketball court.

Anyway, Jeffrey and I went through the rough programmes for the camp and he told me that the theme of the camp is on mindfullness and that he had gotten special instructors from the US to teach the kids on it. He then told me that I was in charge of planning 2 blocks of games form 4.30 to 6.30 on next Fri and Sat and if possible to incorporate the theme of mindfullness into them. He also told me if possible to get my own friends to come and be Station ICs if possible.

I therefore went to ask around the Arts Club people and May, Wei Yuan, Evon, Keng Meng, Alson and Shi Chen sort of agreed to help me. Thanks, people! Hope that we can have a nice time.

Anyway, after that I went to meet up with Talia's OG at Plaza Singapura in the afternoon. The original plan was to have a picnic at the botanical gardens but it was raining and so we decided to scrap it.

What happened after that was that after trying to eat at Timbre and finding out that it was not yet open, we ended up eating at the cafe at the botanical gardens.

After that, I wrnt home to play mahjong and ended up losing 20 bucks. Oh, but it sure was an enjoyable first day of the holidays and I fell asleep quite early due to the long day.

Holidays FTW!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home