Interesting things gleaned from MNO
I learnt some interesting stuff in the midst of doing my MNO revision.
Are you a reader or a listener? After thinking for a while, I believe that I am a reader. This is evident since young when I prefer books to movies where I always find it hard to grasp what actors say in their film dialogue.
The next question is how do you learn. According to the reading, peeople learn in different ways. And I know mine very well, it is by doing things hands-on and getting involved that I learn. I am damn lousy at mugging and just listening, I would much rather go and do stuff and learn along the way. This is one reason why I am a lousy trainee.
Moving on is something that Bingde also taught me. You have to analyse people and play to their strengths. However, my MNO also teaches me that you have to play to their strengths while maximising to your own. Most people are motivated by a few things. They are generally passion or interest, social status, sense of achievement or ego, monetary gains and friendship. One will have to look at oneself and decide which strength that you can play to in order to maximise their strengths to benefit everyone.
I also realised something while reading my MNO reading. There 3 stages to when you start something. First is the learning stage where you are new to it. Second will be the middle of things when you are past the learning stage and can start to do things quite proficiently. Last is when you are super expert at it after having done it many times.
For me, I realise that I excel the best in the middle stage because I am good at it and I will usually be filled to the brim with passion. The reason why I am not good at the initial stage is because often, I take very long to learn stuff, I realise. Also, when it comes to the last stage and I am an expert in doing certain things, I get tired of it because my passion and interest had died out. Therefore, I will always need constant challenges to keep myself on my toes. This could perhaps be attributed to mine being a Pisces, the horoscope of the dreamers. A Pisces is nothing without dreams, he or she have no more purpose in life.
More will be posted when I have more thoughts to put here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home