Expecto Patronum!

Friday, February 12, 2010

No regrets about jumping house, S House is my home

It's been such a long time since I last blogged and I have been so pre-occuipied with some stuff the past fornight that I am going to vent all my frustrations here.

First of all, I just want to say that these events have certainly made me have zero regrets about jumping house, S House is my home and where I belong. It's where I keep my heart and soul and where dreams come true for me.

Some of the more stupid things I have heard this week includes:
"Sorry, Alson, my OG no one knows you...."
Comments: Seeing that Alson is the face of O-Week 09, my conclusion is that the particular OG went for engine O-Week. Or that person was talking about the OG he or she was in when he or she was a freshie.

"Oh, you know when I told my OG this particular freshie is going to be House IC, they were very happy"
Comments: I think even when the legend House ICs like Hock, Bobby, Chong Han and Shu Ning became House IC, no one jumped around with joy when they were appointed. And even before that, they were already famous and quite high-profile people. This particular freshie must be better than any of them then.

"Well, you know, we have stronger OGs and weaker OGs. The weaker ones are those with no sense of urgency."
Comments: Army seh! I always thought the camp was for the freshies, not for the house. I have seen OGs where everyone is slack and the OG is slow but the OG is bonded and everyone enjoy themselves. Different doctrine preached then.

"XXX is very revered in our house. A lot of people give him/her respect and they listen to her."
Comments: Then why isn't he/she the House IC???????????????

"We, the Lao Laos of X House want to talk to the Arts Camp PD."
Comments: Wow! I always thought Arts Club makes the decision of who to be House IC. After all, Arts Club is made up of A,R,T & S while each House is but a quarter of the club. Not to mention, apparenly, so many people need to be consulted even people who have never been House ICs before and are not even in the O-Comm. Pardon the vulgarities but since you are so experienced, but you think you lao jiao, I think you lan jiao. If you are so good, why have you not been asked to be House IC before or push yourself out to do it.

For goodness sake, you are still stuck in the culture set by a guy whose sexual orientation has been questioned, who could lie through his teeth about his major, who told everyone his honors classification is first-class and even zhammed Chong Han about it and he ended up getting second lower and went around telling people he got better than expected. The same person who left the Arts Club treasury in a mess.

People are just funny, in csse they have not realised, some house actually always get the highest in points for the camps because their power-ups are always twice the amount of the next nearest house but they don't seem to realize that they have not won Best House for 2 years, is it not evident that power-ups are not the deciding factor to get Best House???????? That you have to do silly things like get counselors and OGLs to break off from the OGs to go get power-ups.

I dare not say that S House has not done this in the past but I dare to say that I did not encourage S House to do it when I was House IC. Power-ups is for the boosting of the morale of the freshies. I once heard a Lao Lao from this house say, "Actually, want to get power-ups quite easy, you just go up to the O-Commers, tell them how hard they have worked for the past few months and they will give you already." Enough said about how much they care about power-ups.

I also want to say that I don't dare to claim that I am a great House IC. However, with some modesty, I think I dare to claim that without me, S House would have been much different last year. My good friend, Cyan once said, "To measure how important a person is to an organisation, you but just have to imagine a scenario of that particular person missing from the organisation to feel the difference." I have already done that for a certain someone and seriously, there is no difference. Even some OGLs are more high-profile than that certain someone and he/she has the cheeck to want to come back to be a House IC. What a disgrace to the title of House IC.

Lastly, I just want to say that I feel the most for my friends, who have been selfless enough to give up their pride and their time and they are willing to commit just to give the freshies a better experience but in the end, fate and politics lead the world, I can only feel sad about it. I wash my hands off the whole affair, I will only bother about S House frmo now on.

Fuck you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home