Interesting things in the midst of doing MNO1001 and reflecting on O-Week
It is now 9.12am and I am supposed to hand up a 500 word newspaper report of which I have written 0 words.
However, I feel this sudden inspiration to blog and here goes.
The best thing about blogging is that you hardly need to re-read your work and edit is, you just write whatever comes to you.
But anyway, the main point I wanted to write today was because of a module call MNO1001 which I am taking this semester. The module name is Management and Organisation.
I have always liked business modules, I sometimes think that I might have applied for the wrong faculty. Business modules serve to bring out my strengths, I feel. Not to mention I learn something new and useful.
For instance, I learnt how to make a video using Windows Movie Maker. Something that might have come in useful had I learnt it earlier and made one for S House for O-Week.
Another point I wanted to make was about this guy I saw while getting people to sponsor lollipops for needy children for my project for this module.
I had seen the guy before and recognised him. For certain politically correct reasons, I shall not say what house he is from but only mention that he is not in mine. He is a freshie and he knows Talia. I know this because during O-Week, Talia and I were having supper with one of our OGs when this guy popped by to talk to Talia. He did not say it explicitly but tried to bring across the point that he got some charm with girls. He mentioned something like he just got together with some girl in his OG although not knowing her very long.
I think people like these remind me of what I had put on my MSN nick a few weeks ago about people who think they are very good-looking or think that they are 情圣. This are precisely the sort of people that I am mentioning. Sorry to say this, but if you consider this an achievement, I think it shows how loser you are.
As for the person who tagged on my blog about my MSN nick, thank you so much for your comments. As my friends have mentioned, perhaps you are one of the people I have mentioned to comment on it. And perhaps it might be good for you to have some guts to admit who you are.
I just want to say that in the course of me being House IC, I have made some enemies. I am human after all and I admit that I make mistakes. In the course of doing things, sometimes there will be clash of opinions. However, what I just want to say is, people tend to look at things from their own point of view, which is very mynopic. As a House IC, I have to look at things from a larger point of view, at the mechanics of each OG, how the 5 OGs integrate together as a house. How counsellors will help to bring up the spirit in an OG. There are those people who have their own agenda and try to make out like I got mine. Well, I certainly have mine. My agenda is to let the whole house enjoy themself. Compared to your selfish agenda involving only you yourself, it is certainly a big difference. Please do not be weak and give some lame excuses to substantiate your weakness. Or perhaps, the worse thing is it is not even excuses but lies to cover up your wrongdoings.
I definately have some regrets. I regret that I was too soft-hearted and it affected the form of the whole house for O-Week. From the spirt of a Best House from Arts Camp, we were reduced to below form for O-Week. I am at fault too for not arresting the problem during O-Week. I also admit that I did not do enough House bonding during O-Week.
Lastly, I just want to say this. Sometimes, giving up your own selfishness for the greater good sometimes serves to bring you more happiness. Some of my OGs are so bonded that they are now still together, both freshies from Arts Camp and O-Week. This is an example of a very good OG. I got a fresh freshie from O-Week who came up to me and told me,"I think you should interview your freshie counsellors next time". I think it was an indication of what a bad time she had. After O-Week, I added her on MSN and apologised to her. Her OGL also worked very hard for me, for the OG and for the house. But in the midst of O-Week, the people were so uncooperative that she cried. I think I owe her a favour too for taking on this tough job for me.
I am sorry to say that in the above instance, I actually predicted that such a thing might happen but being a people person and pursuaded by my predecessors, Carol and Camy and my partner, Talia, I decided on a soft stance approach. If I could turn back time, I would do things very differently.
I always take time now and then to reflect upon myself. I think it is always easy to blame other people but sometimes, why not look at ourselves and ponder if we did anything wrong?
I guess I might create an uproar with this post but face the facts, the truth speaks for itself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home