Expecto Patronum!

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The man at the top is always lonely

Let me quote Zhimin, "The man at the top is always lonely, are you ready for it?"

How true it turned out to be.

Ivan told me something that day which was the truth and one I was unable to run away from, "You wanted to do it so you have to make such decisions."

I suddenly recall the part where Dumbledore told Harry that "there are people like him who step up to be leaders because they must and find to their surprise that they wear it very well". I guess in this instant, I was greedy, I was selfish and and I was definitely not one of this people unlike my partner.

The selflessness of Harry is something that we can take lessons from, even though it was revealed to him that he was just a pawn in Dumbledore's plan to kill Voldemort, and that he would have to die to make sure Voldemort died, he plodded on, knowing that his duty was more important than anything else.

It also reminds me of this book I read called Ravenheart. Very nice book and the climax was this scene where this guy went to the execution of his lover, beat up 100 men single-handedly before being shot to death clutching his lover. Wonderful scene, made me cry no matter how many times I read it.

These are all selfless people, I hope to be able to take lessons from them.

80% is done, I just have to face the remaining 20% which is the hardest....but I will live with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home