Expecto Patronum!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How much is that doggy in the window? Woah Woah!

Long time never blog already! Yes, I always seem to find the inspiration and mood to blog when I am supposed to be doing other more proper things like studying. This is especially so when today is Wednesday and I am having my first paper this Saturday and I have hardly been studying the whole semesyer!

Very intersting post title here. It's a reference to a joke my classmates made when I went to get this red doggy soft toy for my ex-girlfriend last time in Secondary 4. They kept singing this song when they found out about it.

Some people will say that I am passive and don't take initiative when it comes to girls. And I do admit that yes, I am lazy in nature and it applies to relationships also. However, I just want to make the point that I will also make moves just like the above incident if the girl in question does enough to make me want to do so.

People will then say that I am a guy and that I should take the initiative. I also agree. However, what is love? To me, love is a feeling. It is something that cannot be controlled. I don't have to tell myself to do it, something will make me do it. I just need the correct circumstances to be able to carry it out.

Just a few weeks back, Zikang and I were in the artc club room when we suddenly had the conversatiom below:

Zikang: Very boring leh. Let's find something interesthing to do
Me: What?
Zikang: Let's go change our facebook relationship status!

And so we did.

Apparently, my status change attracted some uproar with 20+ comments for the status change and another 10+ when I changed it back again.

Anyway, I thought this is a good chance to talk about what kind of a girlfriend I am looking for and my philosophy for a girlfriend.

Some people have said that I am very picky and choosy and I admit that yes, I am. Girlfriend leh! Girlfriend=future wife. Yes, I am a pisces and like many other pisces (like Yuan), we believe in lasting relationships and if possible, one relationship, not many (no offense to those who have been attached many times before). Let me quote Andy Lau in what he said in the Mahjong movie at this point. "Wife leh! It's something that lasts for a lifetime. Of course I have to be picky!"

Moving on then, I shall admit that I am a very looks-oriented person. However, I think it is the personality that strikes the killer blow in me. Being such a lazy person, girls that strike at my heart the most are those with sunny personalities and have the ability to get me to come out of my hole that I am hiding in to do things with her.

Lastly, contrary to popular belief that I MUST find a girl who knows how to play mahjong, that is seriously bullshit. I play mahjong so often only to occupy my time. Talking about that, I am quite pissed off at people that make comments like, "Oh, he plays mahjong every week, how to get attached". Whether people believe it a not, I have had my choices and I didn't go for them, ok. Don't think that everyone is as loser as you not to even have choices.

Talking about losers, I seriously hate them and I shall bring up that quote I put on my nick the other time. "Instead of concentrating on other people, why not seek to improve yourself instead."

Going back again to my secondary school days, I have to give special mention to my best friends, Andrew Lim and Tommy Leow. When I was wooing my ex-girlfriend, they never fail to make noise when they saw her around in school. From them on, I learnt a very important lesson, when you like someone, keep it to yourself.

I also wish to take this opportunity to clear something up now that Allena is attached with Frederick. I did consider her at one time and she really is a very nice girl. I have, however, made no attempts to woo her at all. This is because I know myself very well and as my super duper good friend, June Teo Siying put it, "I don't think you will like her for long" and yes, I agreed and so I decided to move on. Therefore, when she got attached, there was no need for me to be upset at all. I know that there have been rumours in my clique because we went to cut and dye hair together and she wrote a few of my blog posts for me. So just want to clear things up.

People might have noticed that my heart seems to be somewhere else this semester and I admit that it is true, I have liked someone. However, it has also taught me never to fall in love during semester time as it affects my schoolwork amongst everything else that I do. In case my best friends, Andrew and Tommy are curious about who it is, please read the paragraph above that is dedicated to the 2 of you. Anyway, I know that our friendship is not built on knowing such lame stuff like which girl we are interested in but other far more important things so I have no fears about saying this!

I wish to take this chance to thank Belinda and June whom I have confided to who the person is and they have given me advice and support whenever I have gone to them for help. Really thank you very much and keeping me sane throughout the semester.

Lastly, I wish to talk about friendship. To me, friendship is a very important part of my life. I have always tried to stood by my friends and done whatever I could to help them when they need it. For instance, in secondary school, there was this Ah Lian who poured curry on my good friend's girlfriend. I stood by my friend while he went to confront the gangsters and accompanied both of them all the way to the bus-stop after school to make sure that the gangsters did not make trouble with them. Last year, when a friend told me he had emotional problems, I went to meet him after his work to listen to him and tried to help him by taking some steps which I cannot elaborate here.

So what is my point in all this? Certainly not to boast about myself. My point is that I have always tried to do what I can for my friends because if I might quote a friend of mine, "The human heart is a very fragile thing. It can be broken easily and one always needs the help of others like your friends and family to help you carry on in life."

I am therefore perplexed and disappointed at people that do things contrary to what should be good for friendship. I hate it when I treat you like a friend and you treat me like a fool. I hate it when people do small actions to irritate me and I do not think the logic is founded.

To end off, I think people who read this should ponder this question. Are you a good friend? If you are, have you ever done something for your friend, which is not at your convenience and does not really make you very happy to do it but you still do it because that person is your friend?

I always end my posts with songs but don't really have any particular song in mind today. That's the end. Have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home