Rites of Passage (ROP) 2010
Now at rop 2010. Listening to Alson talk about how he did o-week this year. To be honest, I detected a change in him but this was not obvious to me until I listened to him give his talk to the roppers. There is a new maturity about him and goodly for him, he has already moved on further than me. But then again, is it maturity or a tiredness? Perhaps both. This reminds me of last year when Bing De told me that he himself suffered from FOP withdrawal symptoms after doing O-Week 08.
I myself felt the same last year especially in the light of doing a bad O-Week and quite a bad FOP.....my MC had done very well all the way to Beach Fiesta but it seemed to me that we started screwing up when FOP started......sadly and in many ways too.
I had wanted to ask Alson whether he was interested to work together with me at my current company and I did but he really is not the same Alson that I knew from the 29th, he has lost the passion and fire that I first saw in him...the guy who spent more time than me up in the AS1/AS6 corridor who held up one whole O-Comm by himself and who carried the world on his shoulders.
Everyone always take some time to recover from this and I hope sooner than later, Alson will pick himself up again. I myself is not sure whether this is good or bad.....One should always move on in life and a bad example of one who did not is perhaps me but losing the passion and energy along the way is really a waste for Alson. I hope that he could find the old him back again and I hope that I can see it again one day.
Memories, memories. How good they are.
Having said all these, I was looking at the elects of the 31st MC and even played a game of captain's ball with them. They seriously looked like a good team and I think they will bring the club forward. I look forward to them doing lots of things and hope that they have a good leader to lead them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home