Special thanks to my friend, my president, Lin Zikang
Good things are currently happening to my career and if I had to find someone to thank, it would be my friend, my president, Mr Lin Zikang.
I had known Zikang since year 1 through Adrian and he first struck me as a bully....the first time I saw him, he was flipping a girl's books in the library and telling her not to study.
After knowing him further, I found out that he was someone who had an itchy mouth and enjoyed talking about sexual content. This proved to make him popular among guys and less popular among girls.
Been OGLs together during O-Week 08 for S House, Zikang's itchy mouth helped to provide entertainment to all of us. After settling my OG, I would always go down and hola with him to entertain myself and he never failed to amaze.
When Zikang said he wanted to run, I was of course quite surprised, he did not, at that time seemed like someone who would do it. But I knew that Zikang was someone who had ambitions and when he was suddenly in the running to be president, I was a bit surprised but nevertheless supportive of him as a friend.
The moment he was elected as president, I sent Zikang a congratulatory SMS and the fucker promptly told me he wanted my help. He proceeded to spend one night to psycho me to be co-opted. To be honest, at that point of time, I was having what people would say is FOP or camp withdrawals where you miss the fun of camps and you want to do something about it. I am not someone who harbour a lot of ambitions (at that point of time) or would do something like run to be in the MC. In fact, people who know me know that I am a damn lazy person. But after considering it for a night, I agreed to it seeing that I also knew quite a few people already in the MC.
This decision turned out to be one of the best, if not the best in my life. The things that I learnt in that one year as an MC member and the next one year as a senior really taught me a lot of things that I am now bringing to my job. The friends that I also count as a bonus that I added to my social life. It was indeed a fun-filled journey that I still look back on with fond memories, of time spent overnight at the clubroom, of spending so much time at the AS1/AS6 walkway manning our booths, of selling flowers for V-Day, etc.
To be honest, I never had much ambitions for my career but I think Arts Club has helped to shape me to be what I am today such that I dare to be more ambitious, to dream for my career. And all these, I need to thank to my friend, my president, Lin Zikang. Thank you for everything.
Labels: Zikang

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home