Expecto Patronum!

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wedding

I went to Malaysia for my cousin's wedding the weekend before the last and got a bit sick while there, probably due to the uber hot weather there.

I have never been particularly close to most of my relatives because relative to my family, my family is not that well-to-do compared to them and there has always been a gap. It would also not be an exaggeration to say that we might even be looked down upon.

I think the funniest part of the whole wedding was one of my relatives who proceeded to make a fool out of him/herself. That particular relative was begging for attention and he/she got it but albeit in the wrong way, I had to control myself not to laugh out loud at that particular moment. Some people are just dumb, they think that being rich gives them a privilege and that their lives are probably more colourful than others.....I have learnt through the years that it is not the case and I have friends like Bing De and Ivan who work hard to make their lives the best they can and they live their lives better than my relatives.

I think how you measure how well you live your life is your starting point and what you do to progress beyond it. For those born with a silver spoon, you continue to be rich but your character is like fuck, what is the point? You end up being below your starting point.

As it is, I am attending the same wedding tomorrow. That's because my cousin is working in Singapore and she was from Malaysia and her husband is Singaporean too. So there are 2 weddings: one in Malaysia and one in Singapore. The bad news is, there is the Brazil-Holland match tomorrow! Fuck......I going to try to find a way to siam since I went to one wedding already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home