Past one week
It has been a crazy past one week with Arts Camp 2010, my company moving to its new location and my company's school concert.
Many things to say, many comments and I shall tackle them one by one.
To my House: Congratulations for retaining Arts Camp Best House! The credit goes to none other than my 2 successors, Zhenyu and Lai Meng. Very proud of the 2 of you!
To A House: I was told that you were in the fight with us right from the start. When I came down, I could not agree more. Good job by the two freshie House ICs and to the counselors who seem like an awesome bunch. The House Spirit is definately there, keep it up!
To my friends, Lysia and Desmond: I think you have done your best and that is should be all that matters to the two of you. Most importantly, instead of looking to the past, look to the future and bouncing back from anger and disappointment show others the stuff you are truly made of. I do not know the whole story but I believe in the two of you. Jia you and get past this setback!
To certain people: It seems to me that there is a lot of furore over my comments and opinions and a lot of people have come and talked to me about it. I think the one thing I have learnt from it is people do not like to be told they are wrong and will still refuse to admit it even when they are. Perhaps I am to be blamed for coming on so strongly with my comments too. I do understand that even when they know that it has gone wrong, people can still find cause not to admit it just because I am getting the better of them. Humans are just interesting.
As it is, I am tired of all these nonsense. I think humans have eyes and brains after all and I only made my comments in a moment of anger. I shall not remove them because to me, it is the truth. Sadly, people seem to think that I am biased because of my position as the past House IC of another House. If that is true, I think the first thing I would want to lord over others would be the fact that we won Best House again. But what I did was to lament the demise of a great House and people would rather stand on the side of non-logic and defend their wrong decisions.
More and more people are getting embroiled in this and having heard one side of the story, they seem to have jumped to one side with regards to the whole issue. Sadly, some of them are people I regard as friends. Then there are others who just want to get in on the act and watch from the middle, nothing wrong with that except that you don't really have any moral high ground or any right to express your opinion on the matter when your own reputation is not very good and your character has been called into question by lots of people.
I thought of this while on the taxi that day: If you want to interview someone for the position of a manager, would you get people who have been managers to interview that person or the people who work under the manager to interview that person? Bringing this analogy into the current context, I think that having been House ICs before, we would know the pressures, problems, and many other things that people do not see with regards to the job. What people perceive of the job and what the job really is can be very different and it seems to me that certain people think that just because they are Senior Executives, perhaps they should have a say on who the Manager is........In the end, it is the normal workers under both these groups who suffer and those are the freshies.
In conclusion for this, I shall end this once and for all, I shall try my bestest not to get embroiled in any further Facebook wars, I hope the best for the freshies. We just wanted to have a good experience for the freshies and it seems to me that for the pride and face of a few old coots and some people, it has come at the expense of the freshies.
To everyone involved in my school concert and for helping out in the moving of the company to our new premises: Great Job! We shall now have a new beginning and our concert went well too! Ship reach the bridge will really automatically straighten by itself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home