2 days before Arts Camp Pre-Camp 2010!
"The feeling of camps is always so exciting. Sometimes, despite my age, just looking at old photos and the thought of a camp coming up fills me with the youthful energy and enthusiasm that I used to have. Arts Camp pre-campers, do enjoy yourself next week!" (Tan, 2010).
And that was what I just posted on my FB status.
One year ago, in the few days leading up to pre-camp, I suddenly became quite emo because I suddenly had some self-doubts about whether I could be the person to lead S House. Coupled with Talia not being around for pre-camp made it slightly worse because I knew I would be doing it alone.
Lucky for me, I went to HTHT with my good friend, June and Alson and calmed my nerves down. Friends are always very important and I think such incidents always serve to remind you who your true friends are.
To the house ICs of this coming Arts Camp, most of you should be feeling some nervousness right now. If you are not, it means one of 3 things:
1) You are damn confident (which should not be the case since almost everyone is doing it for the first time)
2) You have no passion for the house (Which is very sad because so many people are waiting to look up to you to lead them)
3) You don't know what you are in for
I certainly hope that at this moment no one is feeling any of the above three but having thoughts of nervousness. I am saying this all of a sudden because I am recalling the bad experience I had as a freshie. A lousy House IC spoils the experience for the whole house all the way from the OGLs to the counselors to the freshies and no one wants that to happen.
Whatever happens, I hope that Arts Camp 2010 goes well. All the best!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home