Thoughts of O-Week 10
I went O-Week 10 with lots of familiar faces: people from Talia's OG like she herself, Han Shao, Fifi (plus Beryl Lium plus Righteous the Unicorn), Hui Qing (Self-proclaimed Arts Queen) and Belinda and Lizhen.
Ice-breakers to be honest was not done very well due to the hot sun and people who were not playing were starting to mill around at the sides under the shade and totally not involved in the middle.
However, when everyone moved to LT8, the houses all did cheers in turn and I was seriously very impressed. The camp mood and atmosphere that we have taken for granted was back and in style. Kudos to all the Houses ICs who have put in lots of effort and preparation to make it happen.
This makes me come to one conclusion about the house sytem of Arts. Like it or not, the house system is very dependent on capable House ICs who have the ability to lead and to ra the house.
Since we are on this topic, I was talking to some people yesterday and we of course broached some of our favorite bitching topics. I cannot help but say that some people are really dumb. Firstly, people built stairs for you to slowly climb down from. But you instead decided not to do that and get pulled down the hard way. Just consider: If your OGLs can come together to decided one person to be House IC, why did they not decide to come together to ask you to be House IC again? I thought the answer is a simple one but perhaps it has not crossed the mind of certain people.
Right from the start when I heard who was forming the O-Week Exco, I was very looking forward to it because the names were people I knew, people I had worked with and whom I knew had both the passion and the capability to carry this through. And indeed, the first day was well-planned with minor hiccups. Kudos to Alson, Jo'an, Hongping and Shinni.
Many details, big and small was looked into and given well thought before being implemented and I was really impressed. I hope that the good start can carry forth to the end of the camp.
Before the camp, both Jo'an and Alson had told me they were afraid of failure and the expectations weighing on them. A great man once said, "Fear of failure shows how much that thing means to you". To me, they have really put in their heart and soul and that is all that matters. Now that everything is going well, it is indeed a bonus. No none will ever fault people who have tried their best.
And of course, this is in relativity to some people who go through motions and at the end of it all, complain that there have been too many negative comments and that we should look inside ourselves to know how well we have done. Oh well, it just gets translated to the standard of the different camps.
Went to do some cheers yesterday....in fact I realise now why I lost so much weight during camp last years. Doing cheers is really an exercise and I did 7 or 8 yesterday. Got once I did aereoplane cheer until my abs were strained and I almost cramped because I realised when I do cheers, I use a lot of my hips and abs area, actually come to think of it, my whole body coz of all the jumping and waving around also.
There were some unhappy things that I did not want to see and as Bing De like to quote Zhenyu, "Lao Eh, you had your time". It is true. I had mine. It is not longer my job to worry about S House, I have to let go. The baton has passed on to Zhenyu and I am going to move on into the light. Ok, the light part is just a joke but yes, I am not going to interfere in house matters anymore. I will just be the random S House member I am and go to have fun with my friends.
Lots of thoughts, lots of memories but they shall now just remain in my heart as one part of my life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home