Expecto Patronum!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

On uni students (or ex) and the 4.5 day work week

Last weekend, I was randomly surfing blogs by clicking on links from my friend's blogs and were randomly reading some other people's blogs. Needless to say, being my friends' friends, most of them were uni students or were uni students like me.

And I must say it is disappointing to find out that when you read such blogs that some pple are just......I don't know a disgrace to the word uni students.

I am not shooting down anyone with a lower education level but I just find the thoughts of some uni students or ex uni students hilarious. They are still using theoretical terms to describe their word and how they feel and to me, they are still living in the world of theory and academia and we know that this world does not revolve around such theories; sometimes unorthodox methods can be applied to make things work.

I for one is someone that champions for salary to be based on work performance, productivity, efficiency and of course results. The process may matter but the product has to come out also. This is the harsh reality when it comes to work.

While talking about this, I truly believe that Singapore has reached such a state where most of us are so efficient that it is time we start moving from 5 day week to perhaps 4 and a half days already with a half day on Wednesdays to give people a chance to recharge their engines. This is already evident from the fact that I noticed most of my friends are actually having nothing to do at work and whiling the time away and getting paid.

I wonder if the government disagrees with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home